Bank Teller/Customer Service
Dryden, Cortland or Homer
As a bank teller at The First National Bank of Dryden, job duties would include: accepting and verifying deposits from customers consisting of both cash and checks; cashing checks and processing withdrawals of cash while minding the Banks’ policies and procedures for doing so; balancing cash and coin drawer daily to maintain and uphold responsibility of one’s own work; assisting in other areas of the Bank as needed to utilize time and recourses most efficiently; providing an inviting image and quality customer service to patrons and those within the community.
What you can expect from us:
Becoming a bank teller at The First National Bank of Dryden opens the door for a new career opportunity. The teller position is one which is full-time and offers a competitive salary with eligibility for various benefits over the course of your career including: health, vision and dental care coverage; enrollment in a retirement plan; and participation in an employee stock ownership program. Training is provided upon employment.
- Arrive to work on time daily and dress in a well-mannered and professional way
- Use both break and lunch time wisely
- Kindly greet customers by name and assist them with their various banking needs, which include but are not limited to the ones outlined below:
- Uphold as a top priority preserving a strong customer relationship, respecting customer privacy and maintaining their trust
- Accept and verify deposits from customers and night deposits
- Cash checks and process withdrawals keeping in mind bank policies which include properly identifying the customer, adhering to account messages, signers and authority, and verifying availability of funds
- Accept VISA credit card payments, loan payments, and various utility payments while collecting appropriate fees
- Sell and collect fees for Bank Drafts or Money Orders
- Accept coin and count promptly using the coin sorter/counting machine in teller area
- Answer any questions to the best of your knowledge and seek other management or personnel opinion or assistance when needed
- Balance teller drawer at the end of a shift and/or end of day to ensure responsible and proper cash handling
- Maintain proper cash levels as outlined in procedures
- Possess the ability to balance a two-sided equation consisting of debits and credits
- Work on assigned Saturdays and drive-thru afternoons.
- Education: A high school diploma or GED required; an associate or bachelor degree is preferred
- Prior Experience: Cash handling and/or customer service experience
- Skills: Ability to read, write and communicate in English, perform simple mathematic problems using an adding machine or calculator, have knowledge of being able to operate a PC and have modest typing skills, eagerness to learn new tasks and take on challenges